Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Inspired by color

When I saw today's PTI anniversary challenge to make something based on the favorite colors of one of the design team members, I didn't think I would be able to participate, since I only have a couple of PTI ink and paper colors. But then I remembered all the gorgeous felt I have been collecting from PTI and based my project on Ashley Cannon Newell's choices: Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores and Sweet Blush.

The felt flowers were cut using Flower Fusion #2, #3 and #4 dies and the leaves with Turning a New Leaf die. The vase is punched out of SU's Tempting Turquoise (pretty close to Hawaiian Shores) with the Ornament punch, embossed with a Fiskars embossing plate and misted with Smooch Spritz (I forget which one!) The background was embossed with the Perfect Details Texturz plate and the corners were punched with the Scallop Trim corner punch.

The butterflies were made with a long-retired pink vellum using the Beautiful Wings embosslit; I hope this is close to Sweet Blush. "Thank you" is from a Taylored Expressions set called CreativiTea and was punched using the Word Window punch.

I really like the way the shape of the inside of the card mirrors the front. The sentiment ("for everything you are to me") is from Petite Pairs, stamped in Lucky Limeade; the little flower is from Flower Fusion (#2, I think) in Groovy Guava (which is so like Berry Sorbet).

I didn't think I'd have time (or the right colors) to participate today but my evening plans changed, and I surprised myself again by finishing another challenge entry. I am really glad for the inspiration and the motivation to bring out my creativity!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I love how the inside matches the outside. The flowers and colors work so well together. So glad you were able to join the challenge.

    ReplyDelete