Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Blessings

For the first time in several years, my children and I will be spending Easter with my sisters, nieces and nephews and I am so grateful! Toots cooks a wonderful dinner and also organizes a fun Easter egg hunt for the kids. It will be so nice to spend some time with my loved ones.

I will miss a few of my favorite people, so I created a card to send each of them:

I began with the sentiment, which is from Fabulous Florets, inked in Wisteria Wonder. The lovely tulip is from a long-retired set called Watercolor Garden II, inked in Barely Banana, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive. The focal point was cut with a Framelits Label die and the mat layer was embossed with the Finial Press embossing folder; I added a little ruffled ribbon as an accent (I know it looks crooked in the photo, but I straightened it out.)

I've also been a busy little bunny making some favors for our table tomorrow (as well as my coworkers, some neighbors, and a niece and nephew who live locally). I made about 40 of these little baskets, all cut by hand and punched with various punches. I stamped the Easter egg images in white using a (retired) Stampin' Around wheel called Easter Fun. I even made the grass inside the baskets by hand - kinda nuts, I know, but I didn't find any shredded paper in a color I liked... I made a larger version for each of my kids, too. Good thing I started them last month, since I only just finished them tonight!



I wish you and your loved ones a basket full of Easter blessings.


"Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1:29

1 comment:

  1. You have been a busy bunny. Those cards are baskets are adorable. I'm sure they will be the talk of the party. Enjoy your special time with your family. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete