Monday, May 28, 2012

Giddy gingham



Did I say that I love Flower Fusion?? These little posies from PTI's Flower Fusion #12 make me positively giddy! They're just so bright and bold and fun.

Do you like the delicate little stems? Pear Pizzazz baker's twine makes much softer foliage than the stamped leaves (which I used on a previous card with the tulip Flower Fusion) on this busy little design. The flowers are stamped in Island Indigo with Peach Parfait centers. The sky is Pool Party and the grass is Lucky Limeade, both stamped with PTI's Background Basics: Gingham. I really like the combination of Island Indigo and Pool Party in this card, much more so than when I stamped the darker blue on the light in this previous card.  I cut the grass with a Martha Stewart punch and used the little strips that were left over to fill in the grass in the front; a small detail, but one that pops.


The cute little sentiments are from SU's Petite Pairs and the tiny butterfly is from the Beautiful Wings embosslit.


Cards like this really make me happy and are the real reason I love paper crafting so much. I smile each time I look at this card!

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable card. No wonder flower fusion makes you happy. I love the patterns on the blossoms and I agree the baker's twine is a perfect way to make stems on these beauties.

    ReplyDelete