Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sweet Sister!


My sister Judie (whom I call "Toots") loves lavender roses.  As a matter of fact, her business is called Lavender Rose - she makes fabulous all-natural skin care products with essential oils and other gorgeous ingredients - see her website here http://www.thelavenderrose.com/.

So for her birthday, I usually try to make her a card with a lavender rose.  This year I used PTI's Year of Flowers Collection and tried my hand coloring the rose with my Copics to match the Perfect Plum and Pale Plum card stock.  I stamped (retired) French Script with PTI Fresh Snow ink on the panels.


I used the Labels Collection Framelits to make the mats and also to cut an opening to make a swing card.


The inner label was stamped with an image from Apothecary Art and colored using Copics.



It's a simple card, but pretty, the sort of card my sister loves.  (Looking at it now, I wish I had cut the sides with the elegant Adorning Edgelits...  I'm going to have to make another one to try this out!)


Hoping this year brings you much joy and love, Toots!


No comments:

Post a Comment