Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I usually share Easter dinner with my sisters and extended family.
This year, I am spending Easter near home, with some dear friends. I wanted my sisters to know I will miss them and I sent them these cards to remind them that even if we're not together, they're always in my heart.




The background of the floral card is shiny with a technique called mother-of-pearl. It's really pretty though I don't know if it shows in the photo. The bottom card is a hodgepodge of elements but I know my sister will share it with her little grandsons, so I thought they'd enjoy all the texture, along with the bunny and the eggs. I wanted some sunshine in this card, but I didn't have a stamp, so I made my sun by twisting some saffron grosgrain ribbon.

I hope you're enjoying Easter Sunday with your family!

1 comment:

  1. These both came out really nice. The pastel colors and the flower cut outs really speak out spring and easter. I'm sure your sisters will love them. I hope you have a wonderful easter. It was good seeing you last week. I look forward to another day when we can stamp together.

    ReplyDelete