Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Holy Crow, my Boss is 65 - I hope he doesn't Retire!




On Monday, Ken, my boss of the last two years (as well as the ten years before I had children), celebrated a milestone - his 65th birthday! He is a pension actuary, and the company is all about retirement; and now he has reached his Normal Retirement Age. I joked that I hope he wasn't going to retire, and thankfully, I don't think he plans to any time soon.



This card was made to appeal to Ken's playful nature. The cover sentiment, from Hope Happens, is a bit tongue-in-cheek and is stamped on a great die set I borrowed from Linda. "eat cake" is from Cute by the Inch and the inside sentiment is from Whimsical Words. Card stock is (retired) Buckeroo Blue (because I needed a 12x12 sheet), Crumb Cake (embossed with Perfect Polka Dots folder), Early Espresso and Very Vanilla.

Since the candle is missing from my brand-new Create a Cupcake stamp set (I must have missed it when popping out the rubber stamps - aaggghhhh), I used the cake-with-candles image from (retired) Birthday Whimsy to stamp 66 candles (one to grow on, remember). It was a challenge to fit them all in! I added Dazzling Diamonds to make the flames sparkle - a lot safer than 65 real candles on his cake!



I enlisted my kids (well, Connor, really) to help me hang a banner over the building entrance in preparation for our luncheon celebration the following day.




Happy Birthday, Ken!

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    This is so nice. What a lot of detail on the inside. This must have taken a long time. I can see the attention to detail on every item. It's very nice for a man too. The blue and brown colors are perfect. Really, really nice.

    ReplyDelete