Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Faith in Nature, deconstructed

This is one of those cards that I didn't set out to design. So many of my design come about by sitting with a stamped image in my hand and fishing through the bits and pieces, odds and ends, which surround my work surface, to see what might look good with it. A lot of times a design is determined by finding a couple of pieces of card stock which are sized right for each other! So I picked up a small piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock and started looking for something to go with it. I found a bit of Early Espresso and decided to mat them in this slightly different way. Then I saw a bit of DSP that I liked with the leaf image; I think the diamond design echoes the shape of the leaf. Next, it was on to finding a background color to mount this combination on and I came up with a Daffodil Delight card base that was originally intended for something else. A little taffeta ribbon tied with a bit of baker's twine provided just the right finishing touch.
It's a simple blank card which can be used for most any occasion; I'll choose the inner sentiment when I choose a recipient!



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I always love hearing how your cards come to be. Always a fun story of how it starts and how it ends. The color combination is very nice and I agree the diamond pattern in the paper complements the diamand shape of the pear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty! I love how you tied the Baker's Twine around the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete