Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Shawn and Ray!

Monday was the lucky 13th anniversary of my darling niece Shawn and her terrific husband Ray. They are a wonderful match and it does my heart good to witness such a great marriage. I sent them this card to acknowledge their enduring relationship.



I inked the flourish image from Strength and Hope with Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade markers and stamped it on a Nestabilities diecut. The background, mounted on Early Espresso, is stamped with the (retired) Jumbo Stampin' Around wheel Very Vintage - I think it mirrors the style of both the flourish image and the butterfly, which is from Butterfly Prints, stamped in Calypso Coral and punched with the Large Butterfly punch. The ruffled ribbon and flower button give a simple finishing touch.

The sentiment, stamped in Early Espresso, is also from Butterfly Prints and amazingly enough, for the inside of the card, I found a stamp from a retired set in my collection (Happy Harmony) which says Happiness Always using the exact same script as the sentiment on the front! I just love being able to custom design a card to fit a personal occasion.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Karen. So glad to see you've been able to get to the craft room. This sentiment if perfect for an anniversary card.

    ReplyDelete