Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Boxes and baubles


This is one of a trio of little boxes I made from the Matchbox Bigz XL die and some retired papers, accessories and colors (Pool Party, although you are pretty, you are no Soft Sky, madam).

Actually, the next one is Bashful Blue. Each box has a drawer full of white shred and a removable tag (for easy writing). Perfect for those "good things come in small packages" type of presents!


Tags, tags, tags. I love making tags. I think a good deal of that comes from when I was younger, I spent an inordinate amount of time wrapping each gift to look perfectly beautiful, complete with a meticulously-tied bow. The problem I had came, not with finding a gorgeous paper - good paper has always been available - but with finding a wonderful tag to accompany my gift. It always took a lot of shopped stores until I found decent tags. Well, I've solved that problem.






Even though I think this Concord Crush tag is lovely, I only made one. Believe it or not, this little tag, cut with the new Peekaboo frames Bigz die, is harder to make than it looks: I had to adhere a piece of card stock to the back side of the frame, along the narrow edges, and then trim the piece to the same shape as the frame. It didn't look right with a square back (yes, I know, it is the back, but still) but cutting a second shape with the die didn't work since the inner frame piece is cut away as well.

I'll be back soon with some more small boxes and tags. 'Tis the season, after all!

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    These are all so sweet. I love the different looks you get with different colors on these boxes. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete