Thursday, December 1, 2011

Countdown to Christmas


"He's making a list and checking it twice..."

When I saw this Advent calendar, I knew I wanted to make it. I'd seen other versions of calendars using the set 25 & Counting but nothing really struck me; I'd also been toying with an idea of making a calendar using the candy wrapper box die. But this calendar is made using the Petal Card punch - which I love - so it didn't take me long to decide. I made three of them for each set of my nieces and nephews.

This is nearly a complete copy of Brenda Quintana's design; she was so generous to share her terrific tutorial at http://qbeesquest.blogspot.com/2011/10/inch-box-advent-calendar-tutorial.html. Thank you so much for both the fabulous box design and the equally excellent tutorial!

I just finished making the third one last night and hope to deliver it tomorrow, to Katherine and Michael. I gave one to Aidan and Jake at Thanksgiving, and Toots brought another one to Paige and Max.

There were a lot steps to create these adorable boxes-in-a-box but it was truly fun. The hardest part is to find treats small enough to fit 2 to a box - remember, we're sharing.... Most of the boxes hold candies but a few have miniature ornaments, like these little packages.

(Don't tell: there are two tiny gold angels behind this door!)


I hope my nieces and nephews enjoy counting down the days in December and looking forward to celebrating a Christmas full of love and good cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment