Sunday, March 25, 2012

Beautiful butterfly

This is another entry for PTI's Make It Monday challenge to use graduated color. The lavender color didn't work well for the sky background in my first card, but it sure does make for a beautiful butterfly, don't you think?

I cut the butterfly with SU's Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die (of course!) The doily was cut from a die I borrowed from Linda; I'm pretty sure it's from My Favorite Things. The background was stamped with Text Style using Versamark ink on (retired) Lovely Lavender. A little string of pretty pearls finishes off this very simple 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" card.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the lavender does make a beautiful butterfly! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    This is stunning. Really nice focal point with this technique.

    ReplyDelete