Thursday, March 29, 2012

Daisy, daisy


I bought this set, Flower Fusion #9, for the express purpose of recreating this card from Melissa Bickford, who designed all the Flower Fusion sets for Papertrey Ink - thank you, Melissa, I'm crazy about Flower Fusion!

I ended up changing the color scheme and used the outline flower stamp instead of the solid one, and I think I used a different stamp in the Background Basics: Text Style set, inked in Crumb Cake on Crumb Cake card stock, which I sponged on the edge with PTI Fresh Snow ink. Anyway, I love it!

The River Rock card base was impressed with PTI's Linen & Canvas impression plate; the thin mat and 1/8" taffeta ribbon are Early Espresso, the stems are River Rock, and the flower centers are Daffodil Delight topped by pearls and popped up slightly on glue dots. I haven't yet decided whether to add a sentiment; maybe a little tag pinned to the ribbon?

I still plan to recreate Melissa's card using her color scheme and the solid daisy image. It will be fun to step away from the softer colors I'm usually drawn to and play with some red ink!

2 comments:

  1. This is darling in this color scheme. Those pearls in the center are striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Love the white flowers on the Kraft. The touch of yellow looks great. :o)

    ReplyDelete