Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy spring!

I really love the Flower Fusion stamp sets and dies - they are so fun to play with! Flower Fusion #11 has tulip images (although I used Flower Fusion #2 for the stems).

Some tulips are Blushing Bride and some are Daffodil Delight; the stems are Lucky Limeade, stamped off once (still too dark, in my opinion; they make the piece too busy). The background layers are Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive, on a white base.

My favorite part of this card is the gingham grass, stamped with Background Basics: Gingham and then punched with a Martha Stewart grass punch.

All the stamps in today's card are from Papertrey Ink. Happy Birthday is from Wreath for All Seasons and happy spring is from Tag Its #2. The ribbon is a (retired) Old Olive taffeta - one of my all-time favorites - and the designer brad is from Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration bundle.

Even though I didn't quite achieve what I pictured in my mind, I still think this is a fun and happy card. I know I'd be cheered up to get it in the mail!

1 comment:

  1. Karen, This is adorable. I love the spring images and I agree, anyone would enjoy this in the mail.

    ReplyDelete