Monday, May 30, 2011

Little birdy notes


I surely do love these little birdies, and when I finally got around to using this stamp set, I stamped a lot of pretty much the same image, in the same colors, on different shapes. I really like the combination of Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake and lots of Whisper White. The background is embossed with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, the ribbon is Crumb Cake seam binding, and the little flower brad is Perfect Plum. Yum.

The sentiments include a stamp I picked up at a local craft store and one from PTI.

The square scallop card measures 5 x 5 and is made using Old Olive card stock and (retired) taffeta ribbon. The bottom layer was embossed using a texture plate. I put the ribbon in the upper right corner to fill empty space, wishing I had stamped the image a bit higher. On second thought, a nice little sun would have been very cute there, if I only had a very cute little sun...



This last is one of my teacher thank-you's. The 4 1/4" card is Marina Mist embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder. The combined Pear Pizzazz square scallop and white scallop are mounted on foam squares to pop it off the background, which gives a lot of depth to the lattice embossing. The Marina Mist taffeta bow is made using a rhinestone brad - no tying involved - and the little Pretty in Pink flower brads give a nice pop of color.


As similar as these cards are, I love them all - they're so cheery. I have a new idea for another design using this set (need to borrow it again!) These birds would be perfect on the telescoping card, with their rounded shapes and curvy sentiments. (Just one more little project to do. In my spare time.)

1 comment:

  1. Karen, these are darling. Each one is sweet and special in it's own way. I love the flower brads and the bling on the ribbon bow and that square scallop looks great.

    ReplyDelete