Friday, May 13, 2011

Small Wonder

My daughter's best friend just got a new baby brother this week. Christopher has been long-awaited and longed for, and I can't wait to welcome him and congratulate his family on his arrival! I just love new babies (who doesn't?) and I'm looking forward to sharing in the fun of watching him grow.

I used a combination of Pacific Point and Peach Parfait with a polka-dot embossed background of Bashful Blue. I like the combination of the (retired) Pacific Point striped grosgrain with the Peach Parfait stitched poly ribbon.

I made this card quickly so I could send it right out to our friends but looking at it again I think I'll try using the scallop sentiment at the top as a cloud, perhaps with a sponged background, or maybe I'll get adventurous and use some DSP (that white layer is pretty boring- I think I should have matted it, maybe popped it up). I have another set of card elements to assemble, so stay tuned and I'll post the other version.

I'm hoping to have a quiet weekend to do a little playing in my workroom and planting my herbs and flowers. Did I say I'm so glad it's spring?

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous. This stamp is perfect for a baby boy card. Love the banner flying behind. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete