Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring song

This sweet and simple card reminds me of what is going on outside these last few days: bright blue skies, birds singing all around, flowers everywhere! Well, there's only one flower on my card, but it's got pride of place. It's made with several layers of felt cut with a small flower die - it's pretty thick so it might be best to hand-deliver this one. And I really like that texture plate on the Pear Pizzazz; it adds a nice subtle background.



I love this stamp set (I've had it on loan for quite a long time waiting for inspiration) and I finally made several, similar cards, with different sentiments and slightly different designs. (I'll be glad when I get another copy of the catalog - mine has been missing for months - so I can reference the correct name.)




I look forward to hearing more songbirds tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. Is it a small size square? I forget how small that bird image is, but this card almost looks like a gift card size. I agree the texture of the pear pizzaz is very nice. The flower is perfect,even if it does make the card hard to mail. Very nice. Can't wait to see the other creative creations.

    ReplyDelete