Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dream...


I love this stamp. Reading the words on it makes me happy. I think it is a nice, simple focal point for many kinds of sentiments, but I chose it because I wanted to highlight "wish" (in Old Olive).




The thin mats and grosgrain ribbon are Soft Suede. The stamp is retired and since I (can you guess?) borrowed it from Linda, I don't have the set to look up the name. (You'd never believe that I have a fairly extensive stamp collection myself!)


I originally used these colors and a similar design for Connor's 12th birthday card last year. I liked the jumping off spot all the words gave me to write a heartfelt message to him. Instead of a stamped background on the front, though, this time I embossed the front cover with one of my favorite embossing folders from Cuttlebug. "Happy Birthday" is from the recently retired hostess set called "Afterthoughts" but I left out the third line. I think this makes a nice masculine birthday card, even with the birds.




What do you imagine when you read these words?











No comments:

Post a Comment