Thursday, July 28, 2011

Honey

I especially love stamps which feature an author's quote. Perhaps because I live and work in an area well-known for its famous authors, I am quite fond of sayings by Emerson and Thoreau especially (but haven't found any by Longfellow - maybe because his name would take up all the space on the stamp!) I most enjoy featuring such a quote with an image on the front of a card, and leave the sentiment to the inside. Sometimes it's like a puzzle to match up an interesting quote with an appropriate greeting; I think it's nice to customize a card to a particular person that way.



Having said all that, I made this card for no one in particular, but I would be happy to give it to any friend I wanted to send a little cheer to.

The So Saffron background is embossed with the Framed Tulips folder. I edged the Rich Razzleberry mat with the Pinking Hearts border punch and added small loops of R.R. taffeta ribbon, then popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals. The flowers are from PTI Flower Fusion mini #4 and the quotation is colored with Pear Pizzazz and Razzleberry markers. "Thinking of you" is from PTI Tea for Two additions.






I love all the texture and depth created by the embossing, the punched border, and even the two-step stampin' on the flowers.



Maybe it's time to make a card series using all my Wayside author stamps... hhmmmmmmm, so many ideas but so little time... (let me know if you find a Longfellow quote!)






1 comment:

  1. These colors go great together. I love all the texture and this sentiment goes perfectly with your images.

    ReplyDelete