Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, Ellen!



I made an interesting card for my friend, Ellen, who celebrated her birthday recently. This flip card design used the Framelits Labels die collection and the Apothecary Art stamp set.  I colored the flowers and leaves using SU markers in Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz.  The Blushing Bride card base was stamped with the (retired) French Script background stamp using PTI's Fresh Snow ink.


When you open the card, the main image flips around to reveal the inside.


The butterflies were cut from some (long-retired) pink vellum with the Beautiful Wings embosslit.


It's fun to try out new card designs, especially interactive ones.  I'm always so grateful to those creative people who share their clever ideas.  Thanks to Cristy Butzen for her flip card video tutorial, which she shared on the Stampin' Up! demonstrators-only Stampin' Connection website.




1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. The delicate pink is perfect with this image and the fun interactive card is great. You'll have to show me how you did it. I'd love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete