Thursday, April 5, 2012

Reach for the sky

Here's my entry to PTI's Make It Monday challenge this week. The idea is to stamp an image more than once without reinking to produce graduated color for your images. It's a great way to stretch your palette and get matching hues.

I like the balloons from Papertrey Ink's Up, Up and Away for this effect because the lighter balloons at the top give the suggestion of being farther away. I used Island Indigo, Concord Crush, Calypso Coral and Sahara Sand (for the baskets) on PTI Aqua Mist card stock and masked the balloons (with die cuts) to stamp the clouds in Fresh Snow Ink (PTI). The mat and the baker's twine are Island Indigo and the polka dot brad is Pool Party.

It's a simple but cheery card; I think I'll stamp "Congratulations" on the inside and give it to a graduate later this spring.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - what an amazing card for this challenge. I love how the lighter colors are on top as you say to give dimension. Really, really nice. I hope you have a wonderful easter. Are we getting together next weekend? I hope so. It's been way too long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. You did an wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. The stamping technique does add depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job on this balloon card. You really made the most of the 'faded' look, which adds so much to the depth. The twine around the bottom of the image grounds it beautifully without being heavy. I would have never thought of that, but will add it to my bag of tricks now.

    Thank you so much for keeping a blog and sharing. Recently I've been away from mine (life can get in the way at times, can't it?). I really enjoy my trips here and will be back soon to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete