I found a cool punch a couple of weeks ago while browsing at my local craft store - it's a cute little jar. Right away I had an idea of cutting it from vellum and using it to hold a stamped bouquet.
Took me a little thinking to get the idea in my head onto paper, but here it is:
I punched out the jar from both vellum (for the overlay) and also from watercolor paper, which I painted with a light wash of blue to simulate water. Then I stamped the stems from a little bouquet onto the paper jar, added the vellum with tiny dots of Tombow Mono Multi Glue and tied a bit of linen thread around the neck of the jar. I colored the bouquet stamp with markers and then lined up the jar onto the stamped image.
Sunday, June 1, 2014
I'm grateful that a few of these PTI challenges have inspired me to get back into cardmaking. It's fun to see a technique and get ideas about how to apply it, and the chance to win some supplies from Papertrey Ink is an added incentive.
Last week I stayed up really late to finish my card and was glad to get it posted on my blog (which has been severely neglected). When I woke on Monday morning, I realized I hadn't added it to PTI's blog... oh well.
Here I am again late Sunday night trying to get my piece posted...
I don't have many stamps with matching dies. While driving to work, I thought about what image I could use. It seems that my go-to image for many challenges has been Up, Up and Away. I do have dies for this set. However, I forgot that the die is connected, with all three images in one piece. So I cut four of each of the balloons from thin chipboard and glued them together. Then I used the thick diecuts to deboss the stamped images. It was a little tricky to line them up just right over the images... I found that the results were better from embossing rather than debossing; can't say why.
The good news is that now I have a few graduation cards, a very timely addition to my stash!