Thursday, May 19, 2011

Scripted sprig

This is my first attempt at something I saw recently, which didn't turn out as nicely as I'd liked, but I will try again soon. I need a smaller script stamp, I think, so I can control the amount of ink that gets in contact with the paper, since the stencil is between the paper and the stamp. Perhaps I'd get a good impression if I use a paper mask instead of the acetate die cut; we'll see!

I cut out the leafy sprig using a piece of acetate from a box headed for the trash, and stenciled it using a Sponge Dauber with an Old Olive ink pad. I used a fair amount of repositionable dotto to hold the stencil down, which was helpful until I pulled it away - some of the card stock pulled up slightly. And when I stamped the French Script background stamp over the image, with the stencil still in place to mask the rest of the card, I was not successful (twice) to get the script image to stamp evenly across the leaves. That's pretty much why there are so many flowers on the stem! It's a pretty card, but nothing special - yet.

1 comment:

  1. The colors on this are amazing. Keep working the technique out. I think it's really nice.