Sunday, April 27, 2014

PTI Make it Monday: Watercolor Splats



I've been experimenting with watercolor techniques lately, so this challenge inspired me.


Who knew I'd really like sponging on and blending colors from my ink pads?  (Here I've used Stampin' Up's Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky and Island Indigo. Interesting how the Concord Crush turned pink when the waterdrops dried..)  I used Ranger watercolor paper, and there's a tiny touch of shimmer spray on the balloons.  The inlaid birthday diecut is from PTI's Wonderful Words: Birthday die, the balloon die is from Simon Says Stamp and the stamps are from a couple of old SU sets.  Happy!



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card you have made, love the colours and your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen. I think your card is truly stunning!!! The colors you chose look so great with this technique and the shimmer on your balloons ... love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete