Monday, March 5, 2012

Frame challenge

Just a quick post to add my project to the weekly PTI challenge to create a larger frame from a frame-type stamp. I struggled to find a good combination here, as I don't have a lot of frame images. One of my new Stampin' Up! SAB sets, Elementary Elegance, does, however, have a frame image, with a crown and lots of flourishes - not a stamp I'd normally use. After some trial and error (mostly error), I ended up stamping the image mostly in the corners of a Spellbinders die cut (I don't remember the name or even what this shape is called!) I stamped an oval die cut with a sentiment from PTI's Iconic Images and layered it onto another die cut made with a Framelits die, and layered that over the altered frame image, to mask the overlap.

The card base was textured using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I think all the swirls and flourishes of the stamp and the embossing go well together, along with the rhinestones on the Framelit die, and Rich Razzleberry lends a regal tone.

It's certainly not one of my best creations (even if you ignore the smudge), but after giving up a couple times over the weekend, I decided at the last minute to finish it up and enter it into the challenge. Better late than never, I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how pretty Karen. Love the burgundy with white. Great textured background and awesome labels! The layers look so nice together.