Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring blossoms

I got the idea for this card from a blog called Damask Love but did it a little differently, since I had trouble stamping over the edge of the diecut flower post-its - the ink didn't cover the edges completely, probably because of the thickness of the paper (thin as it is...). She used fun foam to cut out leaf stamps using dies and perhaps the foam was more springy than my rubber stamps. Or perhaps it was the full-adhesive post-it notes that made it work better. I want to try it again with thinner tracing paper (or the full-adhesive post-its, if I can find them) because I do like the effect.

I stamped a solid flower image (ring-shaped, actually) and embossed it with clear embossing powder, then used a leaf image from the set called Build a Blossom to stamp over the embossed image in Pear Pizzazz (after masking off the center). The edges still did not get covered completely with ink but the effect is nice anyway. I then stamped the centers with a solid circle stamp in Blushing Bride, wiped away a little excess from the embossed flowers and dotted them with a black marker. The sentiment is from a stamp I got at Ink About It, which actually is a little defective - see the short "I" in birthday? The rubber isn't complete at the top! Maybe I can replace it next time I'm there.

I think this will make a nice spring birthday card - it reminds me of apple blossoms, which will be here before we know it!

1 comment: