Monday, February 27, 2012

Simple thanks

As often happens in my workroom, this card came about not with a design in mind, but as a result of trying out a new tool, Stampin' Up!'s new Edgelits dies. I happened to have a piece of PTI's Ocean Tides card stock at hand so that's how the color was chosen. I love the shape of this oval edge and think that the oval Nestability die complements it perfectly.

To emboss the edge of the oval, I ran it back through the Big Shot, still in the die, with a piece of cork and then the rubber mat against the cutting edge (the cork was there to help protect the mat and provide more of a cushion for the embossing). It gives a nice definition to the oval die cut (hard to see on the photo, but it's a pretty detail).

Linda recently lent me her PTI Iconic Images stamp set and I had some Crumb Cake pitchers already trimmed out. I have only two PTI colors - Ocean Tides and Aqua Mist - and so stamped the flower spray with these, and added the ribbons (also PTI, same colors).

I love how soft the flowers are in Aqua Mist, and I love these colors together. The photo doesn't do it justice (I'm still using my rather pathetic set up for taking pictures...) The little "thank you" is from Tiny Tags.

I think the simplicity and plain, old-fashioned look to this card work well with the vintage pitcher image.

Now I'm off to try out another new tool... and to see what develops!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you always find a way to make a stunning card with the most beautiful color combinations. This is really nice. The Kraft pitcher is perfect and I'm loving the new SU cut and emboss. Really, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete