Friday, February 10, 2012

Sketch challenge

When I saw the sketches for today's challenge this morning, I checked to see whether this stamp would fit on the oval die cut I had sitting on my desk. Then I remembered this (retired) DSP I've had for several years (I cannot remember the name of it but I love it and have been "saving" it for something special) and I knew I had an idea for a card. All day I looked forward to coming home from work this afternoon and putting it together.

The base is Soft Sky (one of my all-time favorite colors) and the oval is Very Vanilla, lightly sponged around the edge with Soft Sky ink. The sentiment, from a set by MFT called I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, was stamped in Always Artichoke. I was about to use some artichoke buttons when I realized I needed something from PTI: luckily, Linda had shared some of her Aqua Mist buttons, and I found a few that were closer to Soft Sky than Aqua Mist.

This is not my usual style (I almost never use patterned paper) but I really like it. Believe it or not, it's also my first time using a sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment