Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Up, Up and Away!

Today's challenge at Papertrey Ink was to make an interactive project, as they introduced quite an array of dies to make several different playful interactive styles. (I can't wait to try the zipper die!)

Well, since their new dies won't be released until tomorrow, I used a design I've used a few times before. I used PTI's Seed Packet die with SU's new Designer Series Paper called Everyday Enchantment, from the Sale-A-Bration catalog, to make a pocket for a gift card. The background paper is the reverse side of the same paper, and the card stock and ink colors are Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and Riding Hood Red. I die cut the balloons from Very Vanilla using PTI's coordinating die and stamped the balloons and clouds from Up, Up and Away (I hand snipped the clouds - gotta remember to order that die!) A little Pool Party twine (from the Occasions mini catalog) around the "birthday wishes" banner finishes it off.


I also used the die to cut just the center section in Pool Party, stamped it with the clouds, and attached a cloud and balloon with Stampin' Dimensionals at the top. When you pull the tag, the gift card is revealed!


The inside sentiment is from Up, Up and Away Sentiments.

So now Eric's ready for a birthday party on Saturday, and I get to enter another of PTI's fun challenges, this one for a $500 gift certificate - yowza! How exciting is that!

1 comment: