Sunday, June 24, 2012

Congratulations to Richard!

My godson, Richard, graduated recently from Minuteman Regional Technical High School. I was pleased to see that his final report card was covered in A's!

To celebrate, I made this card for him.  Not typical for a graduation card, maybe, but Richard is an avid snowboarder (he teaches the sport on Mount Washington during the winter weekends and holiday breaks).  I hunted down the stamp through Stampin' Connection (an online community of Stampin' Up! demonstrators) and set about designing the card around the image.

I
I think this quote from Thoreau is perfect for a graduation card; it is from a (retired) set called Live Your Dream.  The mat (retired Bordering Blue) was embossed using a (retired) Texturz Impressions embossing plate.  The Basic Gray mat was cut using one of PTI's Mat Stack 3 dies.  The image was stamped, with a couple of ghost impressions, on a Bordering Blue oval and heat-embossed in Pewter.  It was impossible to get a color-correct photo of the whole card; in order to show what the embossed image actually looks like, I used the flash on the picture below, but then the card stock colors look very different.


Inside was a zipper die cut enclosing a secret cash gift - I love these dies for this purpose, since then the money doesn't just fall out of the card when it's opened.


The little sentiment from PTI's Movers and Shakers Sentiments was stamped sideways underneath the zipper, to be revealed upon opening.


I also made a set of thank you cards for Richard's use to write his thanks to his family and friends.


Same colors, smaller notecards, with an interior sentiment from Botanical Silhouettes.


 
Richard, I am so proud of you for your hard work and wish you the best at UNH!


1 comment:

  1. This is a really nice card Karen and what a handsome young man. Congratulations Richard. Best wishes for his future.

    ReplyDelete