Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th and Happy Birthday, Auntie Lou!

Happy Fourth of July!

I was inspired to use my new Papertrey Ink's Happy Hexagons stamp set and Hexagon plate die to make a patriotic-looking card to send to my Auntie Lou, who is celebrating her 92nd birthday today.

I love this set!  It's so much fun, like making my own puzzle.  First I cut out the hexagons and frame using Whisper White card stock.  Then I stamped the hexagons with Crumb Cake and two of the new In Colors:  Midnight Muse and Raspberry Ripple.  I really like these colors together.  Tombo Mono Multi glue made it a breeze to adhere the hexagons into place.  "Celebrating your Birthday" is from PTI's Movers and Shakers Sentiments and the little star comes from SU's Itty Bitty Bits.  The white flag was popped up and little flags of Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon were attached underneath.


The interior sentiment comes from two stamps in the Movers and Shakers Sentiments set, as well.


I liked this card so much I made one to send to my friend, too, using Sahara Sand instead of Crumb Cake and taking a sentiment from PTI's new We Go Together set.  Red, white and true blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment