Friday, February 10, 2012

Sketch challenge, take two

This is actually the first card I made tonight, because I didn't have much of an idea except that I wanted to use purple to make a Valentine card for my other sister (it's her favorite color). I knew she'd love the lace edge (PTI's Edgers #2 die) as well as the Floral background on the Wisteria Wonder base. The strip of DSP is from a (retired) In Color pattern pack from last year. The oval and heart embosslit are Concord Crush. The buttons are clear Itty Bitty Buttons, and I punched a bit of contrasting DSP with the matching punch to fit under each button for the flower centers. The leaves were cut from some River Rock DSP using an embosslit (I really should have my catalog so I can supply the names of these items - sorry!) The little "love" sentiment is from Tiny Tags and the inside sentiment is from With All My Heart.

I know my sister will love getting this card - it's more her style than mine, with the lace edge and the fancy floral design on the background. It's fun to design a card with a particular person in mind, focusing on details you know will please your recipient. And, I have to say, it's fun participating in these challenges. Hope to see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous colours and such a pretty card! So glad I found your blog - so much eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment! I'm happy to know you like it.

      Delete