Friday, October 21, 2011

Pretty pyramids

I was so excited to get PTI's Favor It Box #5 and the Tranquility Trilogy stamp set, which has triangle-shaped images to fit on the matching triangle diecuts. My first attempt was to color the images with SU markers - a fairly tedious, time-consuming task, and I wasn't too happy with the results. The colors were a bit smeary; maybe the stamps need to be roughed up a little bit with a sanding block.

I do love the images, though, and I will give them another try soon, maybe in Christmas colors - there is a pretty little wreath image that would work nicely. They would be really cute with some little ribbon embellishment sticking out the top...

...or even just a little ribbon loop, so they wouldn't look so static. The boxes themselves were a cinch to assemble, although they need some sort of little removable adhesive to keep the tab side closed.

I will definitely give these another shot - there are so many possibilities for these sweet little trinket boxes. They'd make adorable packaging for gifts of earrings or other jewelry. I'll keep you posted on my efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment