Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to mothers everywhere - even if she lives only in your heart, like mine...

I sent two Mother's Day cards this year, to my stepmother, Marjie, and my mother-in-law, Irma, but I forgot to take photos before I put them in the mail. I thought this pretty purple butterfly could stand in...

Such a gorgeous butterfly stamp, from Strength and Hope.

I stamped it in Wisteria Wonder and made a mat of the same. The square scallop mat, in Almost Amethyst, is embossed using Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, and I added a small detail with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch. Four tiny pearls make the butterfly's body.  

The sentiment is from Faith in Nature. The small flowers were stamped using Punch Potpourri (a retired hostess set) and punched out with the Boho Blossoms punch. Looking at the inside right now, I can see that it just might need a tiny butterfly to balance these blooms; I think I'll do that before I send it out.

It's funny how a photo sometimes distorts certain elements of a design.  The white circle is matted perfectly on the Wisteria Wonder circle, but probably due to the angle I took the photo, it looks off-center.  Perhaps I need to compose my photos as carefully as I do my cards!


I hope you enjoy a lovely Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Wisteria and butterflies are the perfect combination. Happy Mother's Day Karen, I hope you have a blessed day. The weather sure seems to be cooperating. Maybe this is God's way of showering us with love on this beautiful spring day.

    ReplyDelete