Sunday, August 7, 2011

Success




"If the day & the night are such that you greet them with joy and life emits a fragrance like flowers & sweet-scented herbs, that is your success." Henry David Thoreau

This beautiful quote is from the (retired) set Best Kind of Friend. It's a set I've always loved but used very little. I think these little button flowers accent it so sweetly.


I finally got around to using the SAB buttons and ribbon pack I got this past winter. I liked the way the oval fit into this Melon Mambo mat I had hanging around from a time I cut a bunch of these mats out using the Scallop Trim border punch - it's a little tricky getting a good four-sided mat, but if you measure and punch carefully, it works. (Or you could do what I did: tie the ribbon around the imperfect spot!) The other colors are Pacific Point, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight. The card base is embossed using Texturz Perfect Details and the bottom mat is adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next time I will cut out the vase and pop it up onto an embossed oval... although keep in mind that the more popped up your card is, the more it costs to mail! I found this out the other day and learned that a card which won't fit through a 1/4 inch wide slot requires a fair amount of additional postage.

I like this card better. This is a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card and will fit in a regular A2 envelope. The scallop square die cut is embossed using the Finial Press embossing folder. I think the circles fit this petite image better.


These cards are both blank so far. They could work in so many situations for which you'd like to send someone a card to lift their spirit.



1 comment:

  1. These bright colors are fabulous. I love the texture you have added.

    ReplyDelete